Tour itinerary: Tashkent – Shymkent – Otrar – Turkestan – Tashkent
Season: all the year round
Days: 2 | Nights: 1
Two-day trip to Ahmed Yassawi mausoleum and numerous holy places of Turkestan starts from Tashkent and can be a part of Central Asian cultural and ziyorat tours.
Take your chance to get acquainted with old Kazakhstan world, recognized ancient sights of Turkestan - explore its elder history through our excursion with certified English-speaking guide.
09:00 Meet the driver at the hotel in Tashkent.
Transfer to the BP Gisht-Kuprik (30 km). Border crossing (walking) to Kazakhstan usually takes about 20 min- 40 min.
Meet the driver and guide at the Kazakhstan side of the border.
Continue to Turkestan en-route visiting:
- The open-air museum of the ancient settlement near Otrar (14 km) - the ruins of fortified citadel, shahristan (the overview of the buildiings and houses), the entrance gates to the archeological complex (reconstructed). The place was once an important trade point with powerful governors. The fortress was occupied by Chengis Khan and almost destroyed in XIII century.
Later on the city was noted as the place where Timur the Great planning to start China campaign caught a flu and died in Otrar in cold February 1405.
- Continue to mausoleum of Arystan-Bab (XIX century), which was the spiritual mentor of Khoja Ahmed Yassavi.
Transfer to Turkestan.
Upon arrival check in the hotel.
Resting time in the evening. Overnight at the hotel.
09:00 Start Turkestan sightseeing tour visiting:
- Ahmed Yassawi mausoleum (UNESCO). Complex of Khoja Ahmed Yassawi in Turkestan city is a prominent monument of medieval architecture.This wonderful complex of palaces and temples, built in the period from 1385 to 1405 on the burial place of the Sufi poet Khoja Ahmed Yasawi, who had a great authority among the Muslims of the region and made a significant influence on Islam in Central Asia. He died in 1166 (1167) and was honorably buried in a small mausoleum. The new mausoleum was built in 1398 by the order of Timur the Great.
- The memorial complex Azret-sultan besides the mausoleum of Khoja Ahmed Yasawi complex is sometimes called as historical and cultural reservation, includes many constructions, most significant of them are:
- Darvaza (XIX c.)- the gates;
- Medieval bathhouse (monsha);
- Mausoleum of Rabiya – Sultan Begim (daughter of the astronomer Ulugbek);
- Mausoleum of the Kazakh khan Esimkhan;
- Underground mosque Khilovat (XII-XV century);
- Shildekhan and other historical monuments;
- Visit Juma mosque built in 1878;
Transfer to the BP Jipek Joli/Gisht-Kuprik. Border crossing (walking) to Uzbekistan usually takes about 20 min- 40 min.
Meet the driver at Uzbekistan part of the border.
Transfer to the hotel in Tashkent.
Arrival in Tashkent in the afternoon. End of the tour.
- Accommodation in standard double/twin rooms;
- All transfers as per program by comfortable tourist class transport as per road conditions including transfers Tashkent – BP- Tashkent;
- English-speaking guide in Turkestan;
- Meals: breakfast at the hotel;
- Single entry tickets to the sites, museums, mausoleums as per program;
- Tourist tax per person.
- Accommodation in Tashkent (can be added by request);
- Photo/video fees (professional camera);
- E-visa to Uzbekistan and Kazakhstan e/visa (if required);
- Meals: lunches and dinners;
- Personal travel/medical insurance, portage, tips, personal expenses, and other services not specified under “Tour Price Includes”.
Hampton by Hilton or same class hotels;